***********WORK HARD. PLAY HARD.************
SVE and some of the F50 will join Startup Socials Thursday, May 8th at Blu Restaurant and Lounge for an evening of exclusive networking and fun.
Startup Socials Mixers allow guests a chance to meet new friends and create valuable connections for their current and future startup ventures.
Learn more>> http://bit.ly/QkXgN0
Join us and you will:
* Mix and mingle with thought leaders in Bay Area and Silicon Valley startup ecosystem
* Have an opportunity to meet venture capitalists, angels, mentors, and Startup Socials partners led by our expert Social Architects
* Enjoy a non-hosted full bar with spectacular “floor to ceiling” views of the city skyline and dance the night away to our DJs who will play Top 40, Euro and International House
* Learn about BRAND NEW Startup Socials membership, which will provide targeted referrals and matched introductions to our VIP network of entrepreneurs, investors and executives
As a friend of SV Entrepreneurs, you can save 30% off with code: SVE
Register now>> http://bit.ly/QkXgN0
World Cup series
A discussion on the impact of the World Cup on Brazil’s economy & consumer market
When: Tuesday, May 6th, 6pm-8:30pm
Location: Silicon Valley Bank, 3005 Tasman Dr, Santa Clara, CA
Speakers: Ambassador Prisco Ramos, Consul General of Brazil in SF
Andre Madeira, Staff Software Engineer, Google
Frank Martin, Co-founder & CEO, Restorando
Rick Fant, VP of Marketplace and Apps, Mozilla
Vicente Silveira, Director of Engineering, LinkedIn
On May 10, bring friends & family to celebrate the 20th FIFA World Cup with BayBrazil & San Jose Earthquakes
Brazilian Heritage Night: Cultural performance & Championship match SJ Earthquakes x FC Dallas
When: Saturday, May 10, 5:30pm-9pm
Location: Buck Shaw Stadium, Santa Clara
General admission: $29. By buying tickets here you save $10 per ticket in shipping and handling fees. Early bird ends on May 4th.
Special Event Ticket Includes:
- Seating in the Brazilian Heritage section, from 5:30pm
- All attending kids will get to participate in our pre-game Rally Tunnel & exclusive post-game chat with Chris Wondolowski, the most prolific goal-scorer in MLS over the last five years.
- First 50 people who purchase tickets will get to watch pregame warm-up on the players bench
- Arrive early for pregame cultural performance
- Private tour of the new Earthquakes stadium in Santa Clara, for a BayBrazil group
***********HOBNOB WITH TOP ALUMS************
We at HobNob are excited to welcome your meetup group to HobNob Connect — a community of professionals, engineers, tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs from the nation’s top colleges and companies.
The concept behind HobNob is really simple. It enables professionals to find and meet each other in relevant industries and locations. It is not a dating app; nor is it a pile of resumes or online profiles. It is an opt-in community of proactive mentors, friends, and professionals who believe in making new connections.So if you just moved to a new city or want to learn about a new area in technology or company or just want to expand the set of people you know, you should useHobNob! Currently, the app is available on iPhones and iPads and can be downloaded by clicking here .
If you do have any feedback please write to email@example.com.
For Android fans, sign up for the beta!
F50 Platform Beta Launch and F50: Funded! Season 1
Wednesday, April 23, 2014, marked the beta launch of F50’s online private co-investment platform and the beginning of our 60-day match program. We hosted an amazing launch reception in Palo Alto where investors had the opportunity to meet F50 startup founders and candidates.
Founders, application deadline will be late May, but by applying early you can get invited to private investor events such as the F50 launch event in http://f50.io/apply
Investors are invited to our join our platform here: http://f50.io/signup
F50 Funded! S1 Attend: Limited offer:
Fundable 50 (F50) is a private co-investment platform that identifies up to 50 of the most fundable startups who are raising $500K- $2M and matches them with appropriate investors. The season culminates with F50: Funded! Season 1 to be held on June 23 & 24, 2014, during Google IO Week, in Mountain View, California. F50 startups will pitch for a $1M investment offer.
Companies that want to engage with founders? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much!