F50 is looking for a few amazing people to join our Residence Program 2018 as an Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) or Investor in Residence (IIR) on a part-time basis in deeptech and healthtech space,at our office in the heart of Palo Alto and next door to Stanford. The main responsibilities will be searching, evaluating, and hunting potential amazing startups, and engaging investors in the ecosystem broadly for a few of the following products:
- Global Capital Summit
- F50 Connect (on-going investor matching program for growing stage startups)
- Future 50 research report (annually)
Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIR) program is designed for new entrepreneurs or founders-to-be to involved in the venture ecosystem before his/her startup takes off or expands, or while they are exploring what to do next between companies. EIRs should have strong interest in being at the top of the cutting-edge innovation, as well as a desire to help and engage companies in the sector(s) where they have expertise and experience.
Candidate should have strong passion to be an active participant in venture ecosystem, including networking with investors and founders, and be willing to devote their time to be involved with F50, and should have expertise in at least one of the sectors in which F50 is active. A minimum of six-month commitment is required for EIR.
Investor in Residence (IIR) program (Similar to Venture Partner) is designed for founders with financial success or new investors with financial capability who would like to become professional investors in the future. A minimum of a one-year commitment is required for IIR.
EIRs will help F50 to engage more with the Founder Community in events, training, and research and investor connections. IIR will focus more on activities related to investment deals.
Pre-qualifications of EIR
- Previously founded a startup company in the past, or has senior-level experience in a very innovative VC backed or public company.
- Currently in the process of launching or have launched a new startup or a new venture and plans to raise funds in the near / mid future.
- Vast network of founders, and the ability to refer qualified startups to F50.
- Prior or current successful experience of raising Venture Capital money is required. We also strongly prefer the founders of the startups who are venture fund-able and already received seed / angel investment, more the better.
Pre-qualifications of IIR (Venture Partner)
- Previously successfully founded one or more venture backed startup companies in the past, or has senior-level experience in a very successful company, or started in the investment business in a junior role or in a part-time position.
- Successful record of investment or exit(s) strongly preferred
- Currently in the process of advancing your career to become a professional investor in the next few years (part-time is acceptable).
- Have solid understanding of Venture Investment process.
Has expertise in one or two of the following sectors:
- Deeptech, Blockchain, Energy, New Material, Quantum computing, Spacetech, etc
- Healthtech, Life Sciences, Biotech, Medical Device, Integrated medicine
- Other (including greentech, others)
- VIP access to all F50 events
- First-hand engagement with amazing founders
- Access to F50’s broad investor network
- Access to F50’s office and meetings room in Palo Alto
We are looking for a minimum commitment of 5+ hours per week. 10+ hours are needed during the peak time of different programs. Additionally, please note that this is an independent contractor position without base pay. Incentives will be in the form of equity, bonus, and carry after fulfillment of 6 month commitments.
Please send your resume, Linkedin, investor profile (IIR only), and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the word “EIR” or “IIR” or “Venture Partner” in the subject line. For founders, please include your record of venture funding or exit. For Investors, please include your investment record.
If you are not eligible for EIR or IIR program, you can apply to be a volunteer for F50’s DeepTech Summit / Global Capital Summit the event, as well as in advance. Please state your availability and email email@example.com with “ Summit Volunteer” in the subject line.
Examples of companies F50 engaged in 2017
- OSHUA KRALL, Co-Founder & CTO, Boom
- KEITH KRACH, Chairman of the Board, DocuSign
- DAN COHRS, CFO, DWave
- HENRIK FISKER, Chairman & CEO, Fisker
- KEENAN WYROBEK, Founder, Zipline
- WILLIAM SANTANA LI, CEO, KnightScope
- ROBERT LABELLE, CEO, XTI Aircraft
- JAMES ROGERS, Ph.D., Science Director & CEO, Apeel Sciences
- GUY BLANCHARD, CFO, AERO Farms
- CHARLES SILVER, CEO & Co-Founder, Mission Bio
- MARTIN REESE, Ph.D., Founder, President, and CEO, Fabric Genomics
- MATT ANGLE, CEO, Paradromics
- QIRONG HO, Co-Founder, Petuum
- WEI LUO, COO, DeepMap
- DENNIS MORTENSEN, Founder and CEO, x.ai
- NIKHIL R. JAIN, CEO & Co-Founder, ObEN
- NIKOLAY DAVIDOV, Co-Founder, Cherry Labs
- ABRAHAM HEIFETS, Founder & CEO, Atomwise
- ROBIN BORDOLI, CEO, CrowdFlower
- ANDY BYRNE, CEO, Clari
- SYED HODA, CMO, Sightmachine
- PETER LEE, CEO, RapidMiner
- JAMES HARDIMAN, Partner, Data Collective
- SCOTT PHOENIX, Co-Founder, Vicarious
- ADAM CHEYER, Co-Founder, Viv Labs
- SHAN PHILLIPS, CEO, Yuneec APV